Fort Worth Cold Exposure Therapy for Addiction Recovery
Community Outreach Services for Cold Exposure Therapy and Addiction in Fort Worth, TX
The Fullbrook Center’s outreach office in Fort Worth, TX, provides support for those struggling to find a reputable cold exposure therapy program for addiction. The Fullbrook Center offers drug and alcohol treatment specifically designed for those with trauma. Located in Fredericksburg, TX, our trauma-centered approach combines evidence-based therapies with integrative modalities, like cold exposure therapy for addiction, ensuring holistic healing.
Here, we focus on addressing the underlying trauma contributing to substance abuse. This allows the individuals we treat to recover from the root causes of their addiction rather than just focusing on the symptoms.
Don’t wait – embark on your journey to healing with confidence. Contact The Fullbrook Center today to learn more about how we can help you recover.
What is a Cold Plunge?
A “cold plunge” refers to a type of hydrotherapy where an individual submerges into a pool or tub of cold water, typically between 50-60°F (10-15°C). Cold plunges trigger responses mediated by the autonomic nervous system (ANS), comprising the sympathetic (“fight or flight”) and parasympathetic (“rest and digest”) systems.
Initial exposure activates the sympathetic nervous system, causing vasoconstriction to preserve body heat and a potential increase in metabolic rate. This sympathetic activation may lead to enhanced stress resilience. Meanwhile, controlled breathing during a cold plunge can engage the parasympathetic system, providing a calming effect.
Cold exposure is also associated with an increase in endorphin levels, which may positively influence mood and lead to less anxiety and lower rates of depression over time. Always consult a healthcare professional before participating in cold plunges, specifically if you have pre-existing health conditions.
How Long Do You Stay in an Ice Bath?
When starting this type of therapy, it’s common to begin with shorter ice bath durations and gradually build up your tolerance. Initially, 15 to 30 seconds in an ice bath may be sufficient. As you become more comfortable and acclimated to the cold, you can increase the duration to 1 to 2 minutes. The goal is to aim for 3 to 5-minute ice baths as this will provide the most benefits.
Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Serving Fort Worth
Benefits of Cold Water Therapy in Addiction Treatment
Cold water therapy has many benefits to offer those in drug and alcohol treatment. Some of these include:
- Increased energy levels: Exposure to cold can release feel-good hormones, leaving you feeling more energized and awake, which can be especially beneficial during addiction recovery.
- Improved resilience: Exposing your body to cold temperatures can help you learn to manage your stress response.
- Speeds up physical recovery: Cold water therapy can reduce inflammation, helping your body recover more quickly from physical strain.
- Boosted mood: Exposure to cold can stimulate the release of mood-enhancing endorphins, helping you combat low moods.
- Helps manage stress: The physiological response triggered by the cold can improve your ability to handle stress, making it an effective strategy for individuals in addiction treatment.
- Improved sleep: Regular cold water therapy can contribute to better sleep, as it helps regulate your nervous system, which in turn can alleviate anxiety and provide a deeper, more restorative rest.
- Boosted immune system: Ice baths have been shown to activate the immune system and increase your body’s ability to battle diseases, making it an essential addition to a comprehensive addiction treatment plan.
Enhance Your Recovery With Our Refreshing Cold Plunge at The Fullbrook Center
When combined with other therapies, ice baths can be a powerful tool in overcoming drug and alcohol addiction. For this reason, The Fullbrook Center offers an innovative cold plunge experience.
Our cold plunge sessions help stimulate both your body and mind, allowing for more effective healing. By combining physical challenge with mental focus, this therapy aids in reducing stress, enhancing mood, and improving overall health.
Take control of your well-being and embrace the life-changing health benefits of cold exposure therapy. Contact The Fullbrook Center today to begin your transformative journey toward a healthier, happier future.